Rising society needs, requires discipline to insure stability among people and set kind of balance between their opposing interests. Discipline establishes general rules and regulations obeyed by individuals, which yields to systemized civilization where justice is prevailed, replacing chaos and the law of ‘the fittest survives”. Law principally aims to organize the community and to harmonize between persons’ welfare as well as the public benefit of the community. Also it preserves their freedom.
The law Firm of George C. Stylianou, offers legal services, advises and targets the best results in this field. For this, our office comprises elite of well-qualified and capable lawyers and legal advisers who are able to handle distinctively and perfectly with local and international laws. Hereinafter, we introduce a brief of us and the unique role we play in the legal field.
Cyprus is the third largest island in the Mediterranean Sea, located at the crossroads of three continents, Europe, Africa and Asia. The island, through its rich and diverse history, going back more than 10,000 years, has developed from a Stone Age settlement to a modern and thriving European Union member state, with a host of opportunities and prospects for economic growth and prosperity.
This small but dynamic country has long established a strong reputation as a center of excellence for international business activities, retaining unique clusters of expertise and service capability to support key growth sectors of the economy.
Capitalizing on its competitive advantages, driving and enhancing both traditional and new economic sectors and continuously improving and enhancing its business environment, Cyprus has developed into a destination of choice for doing business.
With its ideal geographical position at the crossroads of three continents – Europe, Africa and Asia, Cyprus plays a key stabilizing role in the region of the Eastern Mediterranean.
The island is an ideal investment gateway to the European Union, as well as a portal for investment outside the EU, particularly into the Middle East, India and China.
Why visit and live in Cyprus
Cyprus’ strategic location, natural beauty and wealth of resources have rendered the island a jewel for its various conquerors and peoples that resided the Eastern Mediterranean throughout the ages. Cyprus has developed a unique culture, harmoniously blending influences from different civilizations whilst maintaining its Greek character. The rich historical and cultural landscape is reflected in the hundreds of archaeological sites and monuments located throughout the island, representing the various historical periods in the island’s evolution.
This beautiful island offers visitors a wonderful living experience that combines a comfortable and stress-free way of life in a safe environment with a modern and sophisticated character, ideal for people who seek the perfect balance between work and pleasure.
Why to choose to do business in Cyprus?
- Trusted international business & financial center within the EU
- When it comes to choosing the right location to establish international and regional headquarters, set up back offices, service centers or development centers, Cyprus is increasingly gaining momentum as a prime contender in the minds of decision makers of multinationals.
- Geostrategic location with market access to 500M EU consumers with close proximity to MENA region
- Access to tech-savvy EU and international talent pool
- Well-educated, highly skilled, multilingual workforce
- Revised Immigration policy for non-EU tech professionals
- Business Facilitation Unit
- Attractive corporate & income tax regime
- Favorable Intellectual Property tax regime as low as 2.5%
- Regulatory framework aligned with the EU
- Reduced Naturalization for non-EU nationals
- Legal system aligned to UK Common Law
- Enviable lifestyle in a safe clean and healthy environment
- Low cost of doing business
Advantages of Cyprus
- Positive economic outlook
2. Access to global talent
3. Access to the EU market
4. Excellent Regulatory structure
5. Strong Business support services
6. Low cost of doing business
7. Attractive and transparent tax regime
Access to markets
With its ideal geographical position at the crossroads of three continents – Europe, Africa and Asia, Cyprus is an ideal investment gateway to the European Union, as well as a portal for investment outside the EU, particularly into the Middle East, India and China.
- A robust and modernized business hub with easy access to a market of 750 million EU citizens
- A reliable partner within the European Union that can offer competitive benefits and solid business solutions
- Companies in Cyprus have full access to European markets and EU trade agreements
- Part of the European Single Market; enjoying free movement of goods, services and capital
- More than 40 European Union trade agreements
- More than 60 double tax treaties
Attractive tax system
- 12,5% corporate tax rate
- EU & OECD Compliant / Access to EU directives
- Dividend participation exemption
- No tax on profits from disposal of securities
- No withholding taxes
- No tax on capital gains under conditions
- Notional Interest Deduction (NID) on investment in Cypriot companies
- Attractive Intellectual Property Tax Regime